YUDC provides the very best in real property advisory, development and management expertise to York University. Since the late 1980s, YUDC and York have developed many key sites at the Keele Campus.
Central to YUDC's mandate is to recommend strategies to the University to unlock the value in York University's Edge Precinct Lands, representing approximately 15 million square feet of development capacity. YUDC’s mandate is also to lead every aspect to implement the approved strategies from municipal approvals, to deal structure and negotiation, to deal closing, and oversight of the ensuing development.
YUDC has a proven track record in putting together winning deals for the University. Recent examples are the new Archives of Ontario and Kaneff Tower in the heart of the Keele Campus and winning the competitive bid for a new university campus in Markham Centre.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of York University, YUDC's Board of Directors comprises members of the University's administration, and prominent private sector business leaders who are presently serving or have served on the York University Board of Governors. On June 1, 2019, Gary Brewer became the new president of YUDC.
YUDC Board of Directors as of June 10, 2019:
Marshall Cohen: Chair & Independent Director
Maureen Armstrong: General Counsel & University Secretary, York University
Carol McAulay: Vice-President Finance & Administration, York University
Gary Brewer: President and Secretary, YUDC
Tim Price: Independent Director
Dr. Rhonda Lenton: President &Vice Chancellor, York University
Paul Tsaparis: Chair Board of Governors, York University
Randy Williamson: Chair Land & Property Committee, York University
The team of experienced real estate development professionals at YUDC:
• provides strategic real estate advice on how the Edge Precinct Lands should be developed;
• leads the negotiation of all levels of planning and municipal approvals required by the University;
• identifies and interacts with the private and public sector players required to put together deals;
• leads closing of the commercial transaction; and,
• provides owner’s project management oversight to ensure 3rd party agreement compliance with University requirements.
YUDC is comprised of:
• A President;
• Directors of Transportation & Master Planning, Commercial Land Use Development and Finance & Administration;
• An Operations Manager for York Lanes;
• A Project Director;
• A Project Coordinator; and,
• An Executive Assistant.